March 20, 2010

A Stitch in Time


        I've been trying to keep busy lately. Especially with so many women I know having babies. Here are a few of my latest projects/creations. The first is a teddy bear hat and booties set. I crocheted these with some curly, scrunchy yarn. I crocheted the little brown buttons on the booties and just stitched the eyes and nose onto the hat.
        The second set was down with some good old Red Heart brand yarn. These booties were done with an afghan stitch. When they are stitched together then turned right-side out they make a neat little criss-cross pattern down the front. The base of the hat was done in afghan stitch for about four rows. It was then joined, turned down to make a cuff, and single crocheted to the top. It was hard to close the top, since i did it backwards from the way I usually work, but it was fine. Lastly I laced the booties and embroidered the fish hook onto the hat with a dark brown yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment